Report on 2017
Report on the 2017 Festival
The 2017 Herne Hill Music festival is over for this year. We had record crowds, and a whole series of fantastic performances with great audiences. Here are some of the details:
Total audience: 1,166, up on previous years, with steady growth over the last 4 years.
Average audience. More than 61 on average, well up on previously.
Money - audiences paid £6,425 in total. After paying for premises hire etc. the performers earned £6,044 between them.
Brilliant new successes:
- Herne Hill Sings On - 4 local choirs, and a wonderful crowd.
- The Frankenstein Teacher. Our 1st Junior School musical, and brilliant! We are already planning one for 2018.
- Silent Film, with Camberwell Community Choir and Band. A standing ovation at the end!
- our 1st try at experimental modern music, which brought a packed-out audience to hear iyatraQuartet and Syzygy.
- the Balkan Dance Party, who pulled in our largest paying audience.
Favourites which went well included Haruko Seki's piano recital, The Fabulous Honey's playing outside Brockwell Hall, the Jazz Jam at Off The Cuff, and Oysland Band playing in the Community Greenhouses.
There were some small audiences at a few events, and we will learn from this.
We have already started planning the 2018 Festival. If you want to help with that, please do get in touch. We need more people in our team of volunteers.