PLANS FOR THE 2017 FESTIVAL
The Festival will run from 6th-15th October. Our plans include:
Fri 6th. Jazz or Cabaret concert AND a a new dance/new music event
Sat 7th. Coffee Morning music, Family Concert, and Alt-Classical event
Sun 8th. Music in Brockwell Park, with recorders and drums, a band, and klezmer music
Mon 9th. Jazz Jam
Tues 10th. Folk Night
Weds 11th. Chamber Orchestra
Thurs 12th. Jazz Night
Friday 13th. School Musical AND Jazz Night
Sat 14th. Young Musical talent, and charity chamber concert
Sun 15th. Possible event with choirs
More details to follow.
2016 FESTIVAL - 7th to 16th OCTOBER
We had great music and wonderful crowds at the 2016 Festival. Things which stand out include:
- a total of 1,045 people in the Festival audiences, the highest total so far. The biggest crowds were for for Don Giovanni, Youth Musical Talent, Norwood Wind Ensemble, and Southwark Sinfonietta. The average audience at events was 58.
- memorable performances from folk legends Leon Rosselson and Rattle on a Stovepipe, Dulwich Opera Company, Rupert Bond conducting the Southwark Sinfonietta, and our rising Jazz stars led by Camilla George and Jonny Phillips.
- an enjoyable afternoon of Music in the Park, with enthusiastic crowds at our three events, followed by a beautiful Evensong at St Paulís Church.
- £7,308 taken in ticket money. Some of this went to pay for hiring premises. The rest - £5,996 - went to the performers.
- people found out about the Festival events mostly by receiving a leaflet through the door, by word of mouth, through local networks, and from performers, though more and more people already know about the Festival.
- the largest number of audience members come from SE24, but that proportion is falling as people from further afield learn about the events.
To see the music we put on this year, have a look at the Programme page.